** Please contact us for pricing & details. Online orders will not be accepted.
Apparatus for investigation of mass transfer and gaseous diffusion has traditionally used a capillary tube in a hot water bath, with a travelling microscope used to measure the rate of diffusion over a period of time. Although capable of giving good results, this type of apparatus was not without its disadvantages, particularly ease of use.
- A self-contained bench-mounted apparatus for the determination of diffusion coefficients of a vapour in air
- The apparatus blows air across the top of the capillary tube, inside diameter 2mm
- The tube is contained in a heated aluminium block with a 25W heater
- The temperature control system maintains the temperature of the block to better than +/- 1°C from ambient to 60°C
- Operating temperature typically achieved in 20 min (40°C operation)
- The equipment incorporates a high-definition USB microscope with a resolution of 1600x1200 and preset to an optical gain of approximately x37
- Microscope and heater block containing the capillary are visible to the user and internal illumination of the capillary is provided
- Viewing length of the capillary is 12mm
- Physical reference scale provided (can be used for software calibration)
- Phase boundary measurement resolution < 0.0002mm
- Powered by universal power adaptor with worldwide approval
- Software can create individual images under operator control, multiple timed images under automatic control or timelapse video. Images can be time and date tagged. Timelapse periods can be set from five seconds to several days
- Output formats: .jpg .bmp .avi
( Download data sheet)