Please contact us for pricing & details. Online orders will not be accepted.
Spray particle and spray droplet size measurement
Malvern Panalytical's Spraytec laser diffraction system allows measurement of spray particle and spray droplet size distributions in real-time for more efficient product development of sprays and aerosols. It has been specifically designed to address the unique requirements for spray characterization and deliver robust, reproducible droplet size data
Features and benefits
Incorporating over 35 years of experience in spray applications, Malvern Panalytical's Spraytec provides the data required to fully understand spray and atomization processes. It will:
- Measure across a wide size range (0.1 – 2000 microns) without requiring constant optics changes.
- Resolve rapid changes in droplet size over time, by measuring up to 10,000 measurements a second.
- Deliver accurate, concentration-independent results using a patented multiple scattering analysis.
- Characterize wide spray plumes without risking optical contamination.
- Simply reveal the dynamic changes in spray particle size through its unique size history analysis software.
How it works
The Spraytec system is made up of the following main elements:
- A transmitter module which contains the collimated laser light source used to illuminate the spray during a measurement.
- A receiver module which can hold one of two lenses (300mm or 750mm) which focus any light scattered by the spray onto a series of detectors. These detectors accurately measure the intensity of light scattered by the spray droplets over a wide range of angles.
- An optical bench which ensures the transmitter and receiver are aligned. The length of this can be changed in order to fit with different applications, with the longest bench being 2.5m long.
- The Spraytec software which controls the system during the measurement process and analyzes the scattering data to calculate spray size distributions. The results are displayed as a ‘size history’ trend plot, allowing any changes in the droplet size over time to be instantly recognized.
( Download data sheet)