Please contact us for pricing & details. Online orders will not be accepted.
World’s most advanced light scattering system
The new Zetasizer Ultra is our most advanced system for the measurement of particle and molecular size, particle charge and particle concentration, and represents the most intelligent and flexible instrument in the Zetasizer Advance range.
Our flagship model enjoys all the benefits afforded by ZS Xplorer software, in terms of ease of use, analysis speed and data confidence, and also offers two unique measurement capabilities: Multi-Angle Dynamic Light Scattering (MADLS®) and particle concentration, to offer even greater insight into your samples
Features and benefits
The Zetasizer Ultra is the world’s most capable combined DLS and ELS system, incorporating Non-Invasive Back Scatter (NIBS) and, uniquely, Multi-Angle Dynamic Light Scattering (MADLS) technology for the measurement of particle and molecular size. NIBS provides the versatility and sensitivity to measure over a wide concentration range, while MADLS permits a higher resolution view into your sample’s size distribution for those critical measurements.
An extension to MADLS on the Zetasizer Ultra Red Label affords the ability to directly analyze particle concentration. The measurement of particle concentration is suitable for a wide range of materials, requires no or little dilution, and is quick to use – all of which make it ideal as a screening technique. This is a unique capability of the Zetasizer Ultra which can even be applied to samples such as viruses and virus-like particles (VLPs), which were previously very challenging to measure.
Key features of the Zetasizer Ultra include:
- Multi-Angle Dynamic Light Scattering (MADLS) for absolute confidence in particle and molecular size distribution analysis
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) measures particle and molecule size, from below 1 nm to 10 µm
- Electrophoretic Light Scattering (ELS) measures the zeta potential of particles and molecules, indicating sample stability and/or propensity to aggregate
- Non-Invasive Back Scatter (NIBS) optics for versatile, high sensitivity, particle and molecular size measurements
- Simple, per-peak concentration / titer measurements (Red Label only)
- Disposable capillary sizing cell provides the ultimate in non-destructive, low volume (down to 3 µL) analysis, with an upper size range that extends to 10 μm
- M3-PALS with Constant Current Mode for zeta potential and electrophoretic mobility measurements
- ZS Xplorer software suite for simple and flexible method set-up and data analysis
- Adaptive Correlation for faster, more reproducible sizing measurements with less sample preparation
- Deep Learning empowered data quality system for assessment of any size data quality issues, with clear advice on how to improve results
- Optical filter wheel with fluorescence filter to allow measurement of fluorescent samples without impairing overall system sensitivity. Also includes polarization filters for DDLS measurements
- The optional MPT-3 Autotitrator enables study of the effect of changes in pH
- A range of disposable and reusable cells are available to optimize the measurement in terms of sample volume and concentration, including the new low volume disposable sizing cell kit, which offers the dual benefits of size measurements in as little as 3 µL, and extension to the upper size range of DLS measurements, due to the suppression of convection currents
( Download data sheet)